Monday, December 1, 2014

Using Old Christmas Cards To Make Gift Tags

Every year we receive Christmas cards from neighbors or acquaintances that are beautiful, but that don't hold a sentimental value that says "keep me".  Enter my Creative Memories tag punch...  Depending on the card design, I can get 1-3 tags.  I love having a great variety to choose from.  For example I'll use the penguin for my son because it's fun and child like, and the Christmas animal print ball for one of my teen age daughters, and the Christmas tree for a neighbor on a plate of cookies... It's a great way to recycle and to save money!  

I have started to do this with birthday cards, thank you cards, and other holidays too.  Any card that has a nice design can be useful.  It's nice to have something quick to add to a gift when I don't need a bunch of space to write or want to use a card.  I made several loaves of pumpkin bread and grabbed some tags that came off of a fall themed card, wrote "Happy Fall from the Cimbura's" and delivered them to some friends.  

I look forward to the Christmas card from our insurance agent and doctor hoping they have beautiful metallic or glitter so I can make nice tags from them!

No comments: